Our Early Childhood Program is a grant funded program serving students who are three and four years of age. In addition, we provide a continuum of special education services for students who have qualified for those services.
Students in the Early Childhood learn in an environment that is similar to a traditional school setting, preparing the for a successful entry to kindergarten. Students learn from licensed teachers and from curriculum that is similar to what teachers will use in kindergarten.
The Early Childhood program has an Early Childhood Center, located in Junction City, as well as Early Childhood classes in all elementary schools throughout the district.
Parents may indicate a location preference for their child’s placement in the program. However, there is limited space for placement and a preference for a specific location may result in a longer wait for placement.
Thank you for your inquiry into our program. Please follow the following steps to begin the enrollment process:
- Fill out this Application Form. Click here for the Spanish version.
- Email the completed form to DeanaCampbell@usd475.org.
- A member of the EC staff will call you to discuss your application and send the parent questionnaire.
- Once the application and the questionnaire are complete, EC staff will discuss the next steps with the family.
- Once a placement is available, parent will be directed to enroll student through the online Skyward portal.
You can contact Deana Campbell at 785-717-6975 for questions or assistance with the enrollment process.